The Massawippi Valley Foundation
The Foundation is a not-for-profit corporation actively engaged in promoting the health and wellness of citizens in the Massawippi Valley and beyond.
The Massawippi Valley Foundation (FVM)
The Foundation serves to financially support a community of concerned citizens who are dedicated to improving the health of citizens and to strengthening the Quebec healthcare system. It is registered as a charitable organization with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and Revenu Québec.
Charitable:NE84263 7571 RR0001
IMPACT OF YOUR DONATIONS
The Massawippi Valley Foundation acknowledges the invaluable support of its donors, volunteers and partners. You are essential in the pursuit of our mission.
The community-owned cooperative, CSVM, was opened in 2015 thanks to a campaign that raised $400,000 for the renovation and equipping of a heritage building in Ayer’s Cliff.
Ongoing Support for CSVM
The Massawippi Valley Foundation (FVM) continues to support the ongoing operations not covered by membership fees. A few examples include:
- Nursing Care such as blood pressure checks, recording clients’ medical history and responding to the day-to-day medical needs of its members.
- Friday Blood Clinic made possible by La Caisse Desjardins de Memphrémagog for staffing and a donation from the Massawippi Foundation for the purchase of a refrigerated centrifuge machine, required to process blood samples.
- Renovation of lower level: Thanks to the generous support from La Caisse Desjardins de Memphrémagog and La Caisse Desjardins des Verts-Sommets de l’Estrie the Wellness Centre, opened in 2019, provides healthy living options for our community. The Centre provides exercise programs, personal fitness, seminars, nutrition choices, and network-building as well as physiotherapy and massage therapy. A grant from the Federal government provided funds to make this level accessible for those with mobility issues.
2021-2022 Donors and Supporters (August 1 2021 – July 31 2022)
Innovative Support for Community Well-Being
While primary care for health issues remains a key priority, the philosophy of our health professionals is preventive and wellness care of our citizens, including their mental wellbeing.
- Social Café – Thanks to a grant from the Tillotson Coaticook Region Fund, it focuses on the importance of frequent socializing for seniors in our community where people come together once per month to learn new concepts of healthy cooking, technology, medical access, play games, chat. A recent grant from the Tillotson Coaticook Region Fund has provided video-conferencing equipment to conduct remote Board meeting sessions and webinars as well as seminars on health-related topics.
- Connecting Seniors Project — Funded by grants from the Community Foundation of Canada and New Horizons for Seniors Program, a Volunteer team within the Foundation has been mobilized to offer several programs designed to alleviate the isolation brought on by the pandemic of 2020, namely lockdowns and social restrictions. The project is ongoing and affords seniors the opportunity to learn how to navigate the internet, use a tablet or laptop to stay in touch with friends and relatives, participate in socially distanced walks, workshops, exercise classes and lunches.
Investing in the region
5 ways to give
The Massawippi Valley Foundation (“FVM”) provides community leadership by offering
individuals, corporations and foundations the opportunity to invest in the betterment of healthcare in our region. Your donations in any form – from a one-time donation to a long-term commitment – are invested by directly supporting the Massawippi Valley region’s healthcare needs primarily through the Centre de la Santé de la vallée Massawippi (CSVM).
For more information about any of the above Ways of Giving, please contact: email@example.com
Judy A. Hopps
Dr. John Westerlund
Ambassadors of the Massawippi Valley Foundation are an advisory body formed to assist
the President and Executive Directors of the FVM Board with relationship building to better
connect the communities in the Massawippi Valley with the mission and programs of the
Please leave us your name and contact information, as well as your message, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you!